Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is a 2-day intensive, interactive and practice-dominated course designed to help you recognize the risk of suicide, and learn how to intervene to prevent suicidal behaviours.
- Thursday, January 26th and Friday, January 27th (CLASS IS FULL)
The two-day workshop is provided at cost and it includes all workshop materials and delicious snacks.
(Lunch not provided)
Registration is Now Closed
Questions? Training Requests?
TRAINING GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
• Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
• Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care