Building SkillsResource Assistance for Youth, Inc.
“Why don’t you get a job?” “Maybe you should have paid your bills?” “What do you mean you’ve never cooked before?” “Grow some confidence in yourself”
We at RaY understand that all young people need assistance when they first venture out on their own and recognize that for youth to become self-sufficient, they require hard and soft skills and the opportunity to develop them. With help from staff, youth self-identify personal and career goals and the steps needed to reach them. RaY then works, often with the community, to provide supportive environments in which youth may realize these goals no matter where they are at in their journey.
From identification to certification, the Growing Opportunities Pre-Employment Program (G.O.) provides services that break down barriers to employment and training. G.O. equips youth with the tools to not only obtain a job in a field of their choice, but also to keep that job by becoming valuable employees. Youth progress through the program at the own pace, beginning with weekly odd jobs around RaY and progressing towards supported work placements in and around the community.
Monday – Friday: By appointment with only – connect through Drop-In or by contacting the department at the bottom of the page.
Any youth needing assistance with employment or training. Whether you need help sprucing up your résumé or you’re taking your first steps in the job market, RaY can help.
- Goal orientated Life Maps to identify employment and life goals and the steps necessarily to achieve them
- Assists acquiring proper identification: Social Insurance Number, birth certificate, driver’s licence, Manitoba Health Card.
- Résumé development and mock interviews
- Paid training opportunities at RaY: Kitchen Training Program, Custodian, Reception, forRaY Second Chance Shoppe
- External job placements in the community
- Certification: CPR/First Aid, Food Handlers, WHIMIS
- Employment counselling