Street OutreachResource Assistance for Youth, Inc.
The Street Outreach Program provides mobile services designed to connect hard-to-reach, street-entrenched young people without a support system to immediate resources wherever they are at. Outreach is often the initial access point for street-involved youth and has no specific agenda or intention other than to build trusting relationships.
Entire city, but predominantly: Osborne Village, Downtown, West Broadway, Centennial, West End, North End, Point Douglas
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, and Friday afternoons:
- Street-entrenched people living with trauma, mental health and/or addictions issues.
- Sex-trade/sexually exploited youth
- At-risk youth
- Homeless individuals of any age
Street Outreach Provides:
- Hearty sandwiches and water
- Outdoor Equipment
- Warm clothing and socks
- Harm reduction kits: Condoms, lubrication, gum, granola bar and useful information on services and contact information
- Brief Interventions
- Crisis Interventions
- Addiction Brief Interventions – Harm reduction based
- Friends for Pets – spay and neuter program through Winnipeg Humane Society
- Message Delivery between service providers and at-risk individuals
Scott McNicol: firstname.lastname@example.org | 204-783-5617 ext 216
Outreach Phone: 204-391-2209