Education & Training
*Applications for Level Up! are now open!*
Are you ready to work but need to level-up your skills? The Level Up! Employment and Training program is a paid training program and it might be just what you need to get to work.
Level Up! has two streams designed to best fit your training needs:
Level Up! Launch Pad is a 9-week paid training program in our alternative classroom environment focused building life skills that will help you in your future career.
Level Up! Lift Off is a 7-week paid training in our alternative classroom that teaches the skills you need to get a job and keep it.
Both programs are followed by a supported work placement of up to 16 weeks where you can continue learning on the job.
Also called “Grow Ops,” this department helps you with the little things that make a big difference.
Here are some of the things we offer:
- Help getting IDs (birth certificate, health card, SIN card, treaty card, and more!)
- Volunteer and paid work experiences called “odd jobs”
- Help developing your resume
- Connections to school or training programs
- Drop-in training workshops, as the pandemic allows
To access Grow Ops, contact email@example.com or call 204-783-5617 ext 208, or speak to staff in drop-in.
Here’s what you need to join Level Up!:
- You are 18 – 29 years old
- You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- You have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). Don’t have one? No worries! Contact Grow Ops about IDs.
- You have not received EI in the past 5 years, or are not currently eligible to collect EI.
- You have never participated in an employment program funded by Employment and Social Development Canada (not sure? Talk to RaY staff!)
- You have safe and secure housing. (Don’t have this? Check out our housing page)
- You have a bank account. (Don’t have one? Talk to our Grow Ops staff!)
- You are ready to work!
Does this sound like you? Fill out an application or get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.