Learn How We HelpResource Assistance for Youth, Inc.
Resource Assistance for Youth, Inc. (RaY) is a non-profit street-level agency working with street-entrenched and homeless youth up to the age of 29.
RaY is non-judgmental and non-partisan, employing a harm reduction approach to all interactions with youth in need.
RaY’s Value Statement: R.E.A.L.I.T.Y.
- Respect: An acknowledgement and acceptance of diversity amongst all humans, given without judgement
- Efficient: The provision of responsive, relevant services; accurate information and progressive practical programming
- Advocacy: Offering a supportive voice to those who have yet not found theirs
- Leadership: The ability to lead and model professional practice on all organizational levels
- Inclusive: A “No Wrong Door”, barrier-free environment that will remain a welcoming and safe sanctuary of all who enter
- Trust: A deeply rooted intention to develop, build and maintain trust over the long term with youth, community and stakeholders
- Youth Driven: Youth participants are the catalyst and inspiration that inform the design and practice of every RaY service and program offering
“RaY provides a safe, non-judgmental space for vulnerable youth to address barriers, become empowered, and create a life path of their choosing. RaY’s impact on our community can be seen daily from the increased employability of young residents to their housing stability, improved personal health and renewed sense of dignity..”
Greg MacPherson Executive Director, West Broadway Community Organization
“Since 2003, we’ve partnered with RaY to provide a comforting meal to Winnipeg’s vulnerable youth. RaY, in meeting youth on their terms, is playing an instrumental role in our community and we’re happy to support this outstanding organization. RaY continues to be a vital part of Winnipeg Harvest and we thank them for doing an incredible job.”Karen FlettWinnipeg Harvest