- RaY Optional Occupancy Mentorship (ROOM) Program strives to provide youth (18-21 years) with Extensions of Care (EOC) with access to a safe, supportive, and youth-centered longer-term housing.
- Youth will be assisted in developing a goal-oriented plan, increasing their life skills and transitioning into permanent housing.
Admission criteria and Application
Who can participate?
- Youth between the ages of 18-21 years
- Youth in the care of a CFS agency and with an extension of care
Who can apply?
- CFS agency staff can apply on behalf of youth, youth however, must be aware that this application is taking place
- Collaborative Case Planning with youth and CFS agency staff.
- Housing Supports to provide youth with the skills needed to maintain housing.
- Life Skills Training to meet the needs of youth and support their transition to adulthood.
- Support with Education, Employment and Training, as per the goal plan.
- Long-term support, RaY will offer supports to youth up to the age of 29 years.
from CFS staff:
- Responsible for downloading and completing referrals to ROOM, ensuring sufficient background, historical and personal information is provided
- Involved in case planning, exit planning and work collaboratively with RaY staff
- Ensure youth have an Extension of Care agreement in place, and funding has been approved
- Ensure youth have identification, a bank account and a Pre-authorization Deposit Form
- Ensure that youth are entering into the program on a voluntary basis, and are willing to participate
- Voluntarily accept service
- Engage with staff from RaY, including regular meetings to review goals
- Pay rent and make efforts to succeed as a responsible tenant
- Follow the rules and regulations of the program (See ROOM Workbook)
- CFS staff and youth can schedule a meeting with RaY staff to talk about the program, if needed
- Social Worker to download and complete the online application form
- RaY staff will call the case worker within 5 business days to schedule a meeting
The basis of selection of participants into the program are (1) unit availability, (2) commitment to the program, and (3) willingness to participate in the program and adhere to the rules of the program, and (4) level of need.
- Schedule a move-in date. Once the candidate has met admission criteria, a move-in day will be scheduled, as well as a review of the ROOM Workbook and a tour of the services at RaY.
- Participants who have not met the eligibility criteria may be referred to other programs within or outside of RaY.
- If a unit is not available, a wait-list will be created.